- Outreach sessions growing salad pots and cooking with allotment produce are planned with Stapleford Surestart, and I hope parents will be coming down to the Dig In site over the summer.
- I have met with the First Steps Project to explore how more people from the project can be supported into volunteering with Dig In. The first new volunteer will be visiting the site in May.
- I have been linking with local schools. I am supporting Foxwood school to plan their garden area and plan to support some sessions on site. I will support a visit to the site by Albany Infants in May. My next plan is to make links with Albany Junior.
- Links have been made with the new Framework "Access to Nature" project, and a session on site is planned for May.
- A group from Castle College will be volunteering on the site in May.
I am very keen to get local children involved in creating a beautiful new sign for the site. Watch this space....
Dig In Project Worker