Monday, 16 February 2015

Wild area gets a makeover!

 It was one of those February days where you need some nice warm work, so we decided to get started on a project we've meant to do for a while - sorting out the 'wild area' near the water butt. For a start, we needed to clear some nettles so getting water will not mean that we - or other plot-holders - will get stung.

 Of course nettles are great for wildlife, but these just weren't in a good place. Then it was all about pulling up carpet, yanking out bramble roots and digging out our old friend couch grass.

We got lots more done than we thought we would! This plot is going to be used as a new soft fruit area, with currants and gooseberries - we did think that if the brambles grow back we can pretend they are meant to be there!

No comments:

Post a comment