- wood for labels (about 5" width and 1/2" section is ideal, but larger sizes can be adapted.)
- wood for pegs (about 1" width and 1/2" section is best, but larger sizes can be adapted)
- unwanted tins of outdoor or household paint
- unwanted tins of varnish
It would be good if we could use leftover materials, so check your loft, shed, garage, or wherever else you dump the stuff that you can't bear to throw away.
With little else to do, we retired for coffee, muffins (thanks Nicola), and chat. Discussion centred around a banner for our big events this year, and Nicola obliged with an excellent design. We also finished sorting our stock of seed into date order, ready to be sown at the right time of the forthcoming season.
Our stock of seed looks good, although there are still some that we need to obtain, if we are to grow everything we'd like to this year:
- borlotto bean
- cauliflower, Romanesco
- beetroot, Chioggia Pink
- tomato, a variety of different cultivars
- courgette, though not too many
- sweet peas, any favourites?
- shallot sets
- garlic bulbs
Anyone who is going to this month's Beeston Transition seed swap event can help by looking out for these.